Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Stephanie Scheiderman: Rubber Teardrop

 
 
 
Stephanie Scheiderman: Rubber Teardrop
Sometimes I wonder why artists like this aren't played on mainstream radio. Some of the tracks brought me back to the 90's drinking over priced martinis at a lounge in NYC, due to the laid back trip hop feel to them. The first track "Hush" is very upbeat and might make you want to get up and dance around by yourself. I really like the subtle dub tones in the track earthquake. A nice mellow ballad track "Behind the Bars" reminded me of the sneaker pimps. "Avalon" made me want to pop in a 80's movies for some strange reason. "I am What I am Not" is a amazing track to me because within all the tracks that are more beat oriented you get a striped down folk song. All in all a very well balanced album to listen to that can fit all types of moods

No comments:

Post a Comment