Saturday, January 7, 2012

NEW ARTIST DISCOVERY! : Mark W. Lennon w/ "Home of the Wheel"

Been listening to Mr. Lennon's first full length"Home of the Wheel" think it is worth mentioning for you to check out! Hoping that LA doesnt spoil his North Carolina twang. When listening to the 11 tracks I never once forwarded skipped or all together turned off the player. That being said I really enjoyed the genre mixing. Americana, Folk, Country, Bluegrass, and do i dare say POP!

A perfect album for my tea and rainy days in portland. You won't feel uplifted but you well feel safe and warm. His lyrics are very honest. Most telling track on the album "HOME OF THE WHEEL". I am a sucker for anything channeling Woody Guthri.

Mark W. Lennon - Home of the Wheel - Home Of The Wheel by xopublicity

I know I mentioned the mixing genres through out this album but, i am also wondering if this crooner could do one album focusing on each style I would buy them all. Sometimes I am just not ready to switch to Pop or Country “California Calling”  on a given day. I don't want to take away from this album I do enjoy it! Producer Marvin Etzioni. A former member of Lone Justice, Etizoni (Steve Earle, Counting Crows and Lucinda Williams) did a bang up job!

Hoping to see some tour dates for this guy. Sure others are too! I did find a video that will keep you at bay till he hits your watering hole.


California Calling from Mark W. Lennon on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment