Saturday, January 28, 2012

Wish people would change their influences these days to reflect the sounds of Jodi Miller

Complete Epic Hits - Jodi Miller



All my 35 and under readers take note this was what was going on before you were born! This is REAL pioneering country-pop crossover. Not what you are all use to in Taylor Swift. I would like to thank Real Gone Music, a reissue label for bringing back the hits we all missed. A forgotten singer songwriter that I am now a huge fan of. There is something about listening to "love songs" that I hate and often turn off BUT Jodi's love songs I play over and over again! Check out "If You Think I Love You Now". The songs you do know... check out "Be My Baby" yes from Dirty Dancing but Jodi sings it better than the The Ronettes and  who doesn’t love "The House of the Rising Sun".


This album has 25 songs that have never appeared on CD before. Other stand out tracks "Darling, You Can Always Come Back Home", the harmonies are beautifully done. Well worth the $13.98. I want this on vinyl to play at dinner parties! Right after I play Olivia Newton-John, Anne Murray and Linda Ronstadt. I sincerely wish people would change their influences these days to reflect the sounds of Jodi Miller.

Record Label: Real Gone Music www.realgonemusic.com
Hometown: Phoenix, AZ
Genres: Country, Folk, Rock, Pop

No comments:

Post a Comment